- This event has passed.
Restaurant Leadership-Transitioning from the line to the Manager
February 1, 2021 @ 2:30 pm - 4:30 pmFree
You were an outstanding restaurant employee and now it’s your turn to be the Supervisor. Shifting from a task focused job position to a team leading position requires a shift in thinking and communicating. In this workshop, we will introduce to you the skills that will make you a successful leader whether you have just been promoted or have been a manager for awhile. You will learn and receive tools on:
- The behaviors of the great and the worst bosses
- Leading with a kindness/servant mentality
- How to grow the respect of your team
- Satisfying your internal and external customers
- Doer vs Leader Mentality
- The Self-Fulfilling Prophecy
- Negative Thoughts and Fears
- Projection of Confidence and Authority
- Keys to Presenting a Strong Leadership Team
- Holding People Accountable
- People Pleaser vs Effective Leader
- Setting Expectations Based on Restaurant Standards and Goals
- Communicating the Why’s – What’s In It For Me?
- Following Up
- Giving Feedback – Roleplay
- Action Planning for Results
Celeste Young-Ramos, PCR Restaurant and HR Advisor has managed the development of over 800 managers and employee for a national family restaurant team and shares the secrets to restaurant leadership success.